Rangers place Fox on IR with upper-body injury
The 23-year-old will miss the Rangers' next three games at least, a stretch that includes two matchups with Stanley Cup contenders. New York will face the Minnesota Wild on Friday, the Seattle Kraken on Sunday, and the Florida Panthers on Feb. 1.
After that, the Rangers don't play again until Feb. 15 against the Boston Bruins.
Fox was named to the Metropolitan Division's All-Star roster. His status for next week's festivities is currently unknown.
Fox sustained the injury during Thursday's contest against the Columbus Blue Jackets. He exited during the third period after defenseman Vladislav Gavrikov pinned him against the boards.
Rangers head coach Gerard Gallant said Fox was day-to-day following New York's 5-3 loss, adding he was sure the issue was "minor."
Fox leads all NHL defensemen with 47 points in 44 games.
- Report: Pens not speaking regularly with Malkin, 2 years apart in Letang talks
- The Hall of Fame's perpetual rejection of Alexander Mogilny must be rectified
- Superlative awards for the 2021-22 NHL season
- Lightning reveal long list of playoff injuries
- From joke to juggernaut: Avalanche's well-earned Cup completes cycle