Sabres' Dell suspended 3 games for interference on Senators' Batherson
The NHL suspended Buffalo Sabres goaltender Aaron Dell three games for interference on Ottawa Senators forward Drake Batherson during Tuesday's contest, the league's Department of Player Safety announced.
Here's a look at the play that sent Batherson crashing into the boards:
Senators head coach DJ Smith said postgame that Batherson is expected to be sidelined long term with an ankle injury. The ailment is believed to be a high-ankle sprain, and the club will have a better recovery timeline when the swelling goes down, according to Postmedia's Bruce Garrioch.
Batherson, who leads Ottawa with 34 points, was slated to attend his first All-Star Game next week but was ruled out due to the injury. Teammate Brady Tkachuk is replacing him.
- Report: Flyers prospect detained for planning to evade military service
- Canucks, Boeser agree to 3-year extension with $6.65M AAV
- Report: Jets finalizing deal to name Bowness head coach
- Canucks organization hires former NHL head coaches Colliton, Yeo
- Lightning sign Paul to 7-year extension with $3.15M AAV