Report: At least 3 women being considered for Canadiens' GM vacancy
A committee has reportedly been formed to conduct the search. It includes owner Geoff Molson, executive vice president of hockey operations Jeff Gorton, minority owner Michael Andlauer, and former Canadiens GM Bob Gainey.
The group has already put together an extensive list of potential candidates but doesn't appear to be in a rush to make a hire, Basu and Godin add.
Marc Bergevin was fired in November after nearly a decade as general manager. Molson then hired Gorton as VP of hockey operations, and while Gorton only speaks English, Molson insists he will hire a bilingual GM.
A woman has never held a GM position in the NHL. Kim Ng became the first woman to be named general manager in one of North America's four major sports leagues when the Miami Marlins hired her in 2020.
- Lambert frustrated after Isles fumble lead vs. Sharks: Losing that game 'is sin'
- Vezina Trophy Rankings: Hill showing Cup run was no fluke
- NHL hot topics: Debating Leafs' D targets, coaches on hot seat, more
- Bettman concerned arena for 2026 Olympics won't be ready
- Wild stay hot under Hynes as Boldy's 3-point night extinguishes Flames