Kings' Edler out long term with apparent leg injury
The 35-year-old landed awkwardly and couldn't put any weight on his left leg after Wild forward Brandon Duhaime checked him along the wall less than three minutes into the first period.
Edler got to the bench with the assistance of the Kings' medical staff and immediately went to the dressing room.
Los Angeles has dealt with numerous injuries to blue-liners this season. The Kings' No. 1 rearguard, Drew Doughty, missed 16 games with a knee issue before returning Nov. 30. Top-four defenseman Sean Walker is out for the campaign after tearing the MCL and ACL in his right knee on Oct. 25.
- Larkin exits after scary scene vs. Sens, Perron ejected for retaliation
- How the Broad Street Bullies saved the NHL's reputation in 1976
- Samsonov records 1st shutout of season as Leafs prevail over Preds
- Underrated, undersized Spurgeon is improbably one of NHL's best D-men
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Fights, phenoms, and epic buzzer-beaters