Hurricanes' Cole fined $5K for kneeing Jets' Scheifele
Cole received a five-minute major and a game misconduct for the knee-on-knee hit.
Scheifele was able to stay in the game. The 28-year-old had a slow start to the season but has heated up recently, entering Tuesday with 14 points in 18 games.
The Jets have been involved in multiple kneeing plays recently. Winnipeg blue-liner Neal Pionk was suspended two games for a knee-on-knee hit on Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Rasmus Sandin on Sunday. Maple Leafs forward Jason Spezza was suspended six contests for kneeing Pionk in the head later in the same shift.
- Keefe: Leafs were 'soft and purposeless' in loss to Rangers
- Capitals' Orlov suspended 2 games for kneeing Jets' Ehlers
- DeBoer on Eichel ramping up, Stephenson's growth, and Vegas' resilience
- Canadiens' new GM envisions building fast, offensive-minded team
- Hurricanes roast Marchand, Bruins on Twitter after blowout win