Canadiens recall Caufield from AHL
Cole Caufield is back with the big club.
Alex Belzile has been assigned to the AHL in a corresponding move.
Caufield was demoted to the Rocket 10 games into the NHL season after recording just one assist with Montreal. However, he seemed to regain his offensive form in the AHL, collecting two goals and three helpers in six contests.
The 20-year-old was tremendous last season for the Habs during their miracle run to the Stanley Cup Final, potting four goals in 10 regular-season games and producing 12 points in 20 postseason contests.
The Canadiens drafted Caufield 15th overall in 2019.
- Report: Capitals discussed adding Evander Kane
- Draisaitl's 4-point night helps Oilers beat Flames to stop slide
- Kadri's All-Star play, Laine-Dubois deal revisited, and fighting's resurgence
- Report: Rangers, Bruins, Panthers among teams interested in Coyotes' Chychrun
- Bratt helps Devils rally for victory over Hurricanes