Canadiens' Perreault out 2-3 weeks with eye injury
Adam Brooks will replace Perreault in the lineup.
Ducharme added that Perreault had been dealing with the injury for some time now and didn't sustain the ailment during Saturday's loss to the Los Angeles Kings, according to Sportsnet's Eric Engels. Doctors reportedly only recently gave Perreault his recovery timetable.
The Canadiens are banged up at the moment. Brendan Gallagher and Jeff Petry were game-time decisions for Sunday's road clash with the Anaheim Ducks, and they weren't alone in dealing with injuries.
Petry ultimately suited up for the contest, while Gallagher did not.
Perreault has produced three goals and an assist over eight games this season. The 33-year-old scored all of his 2021-22 markers in a 6-1 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Oct. 23. He buried two in a span of 2:14 before capping it off with an empty-netter.
Montreal enters Sunday's game with a 2-7-0 record.
- Brind'Amour roasts Canes' effort vs. Oilers: Top players 'gotta show up'
- Norris Trophy Rankings: It's a 2-horse race between Makar, Hughes
- Malkin laments ice-cold power play after loss to Bolts: 'We don't have confidence'
- Promising Stars prospect Logan Stankoven may be small, but all he does is score
- Kane to make Red Wings debut Thursday vs. Sharks