Kucherov out 8-10 weeks after undergoing surgery
Kucherov hasn't played since suffering an injury during Tampa Bay's third game of the season. The Lightning reportedly placed him on long-term injured reserve earlier this month.
Tampa Bay currently owns a 3-3-1 record and sits fourth in the Atlantic Division.
Kucherov missed the entire 2020-21 regular season while recovering from hip surgery. He returned for the playoffs and registered a league-high 32 points over 23 games as the Lightning captured their second consecutive Stanley Cup.
The 28-year-old has recorded one goal and three assists this season.
- ECHL indefinitely suspends player accused of making racist gesture
- Report: Sabres prospect Levi among Canada's Olympic goaltenders
- Report: Capitals discussed adding Evander Kane
- Report: Rangers, Bruins, Panthers among teams interested in Coyotes' Chychrun
- Yandle set to tie Jarvis' NHL record of 964 straight games played