Doughty to undergo further testing on knee, out vs. Blues
Doughty was injured Friday night after a knee-on-knee collision with Dallas Stars defenseman Jani Hakanpaa. Doughty left the game and didn't return, while Hakanpaa was assessed a major penalty and ejected.
The early diagnosis on Doughty indicates he avoided ligament damage, according to Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman. The star blue-liner will undergo further testing when the club returns to Los Angeles.
Hakanpaa won't be disciplined for the hit, per Matthew DeFranks of The Dallas Morning News.
Doughty, 31, has seven points through four games in his 14th season with the Kings.
- Ducks' Zegras after lacrosse-style assist: 'I still can't believe it worked'
- Blackhawks' Khaira 'responsive' after taking hit by Rangers' Trouba
- Leafs' Spezza suspended 6 games for kneeing Jets' Pionk in head
- Hurricanes' Cole ejected for kneeing Jets' Scheifele
- 'When Goalies Were Weird' - Episode 3: Ron Hextall 🎧