Oilers place Smith on IR, recall Skinner
Stuart Skinner was recalled from the AHL's Bakersfield Condors in a corresponding move.
Smith left Tuesday's game against the Anaheim Ducks in the second period after suffering a lower-body injury. The 39-year-old has posted a stellar .920 save percentage in three appearances.
Skinner, a third-round pick in 2017, owns a .946 save percentage in two games with the Condors this season. He recorded a .914 save percentage in 31 AHL contests a year ago. The 22-year-old has made one NHL appearance, during which he allowed five goals on 38 shots.
Mikko Koskinen is projected to handle the lion's share of the workload with Smith sidelined.
- Ducks' Zegras after lacrosse-style assist: 'I still can't believe it worked'
- Blackhawks' Khaira 'responsive' after taking hit by Rangers' Trouba
- Leafs' Spezza suspended 6 games for kneeing Jets' Pionk in head
- Hurricanes' Cole ejected for kneeing Jets' Scheifele
- 'When Goalies Were Weird' - Episode 3: Ron Hextall 🎧