Watch: Eriksson Ek scores hat trick, propels Wild past Jets in OT
The Jets appeared to be well on their way to a victory late in the contest when Mark Scheifele scored an empty-netter to put Winnipeg up 6-4. The play was challenged by Wild coach Dean Evason for being offside, and it was ultimately overturned.
The Wild wasted no time tying things up following the reversal.
The game went to overtime, and the Wild were handed a power play after Kirill Kaprizov was hooked by Josh Morrissey. Minnesota made no mistake with the man advantage, capping the game off with a beautiful tic-tac-toe play that resulted in a Joel Eriksson Ek hat trick.
With the win, the Wild moved to 3-0-0 on the year while the Jets remain without a victory, dropping to 0-2-1.
- Ducks' Zegras after lacrosse-style assist: 'I still can't believe it worked'
- Blackhawks' Khaira 'responsive' after taking hit by Rangers' Trouba
- Leafs' Spezza suspended 6 games for kneeing Jets' Pionk in head
- Hurricanes' Cole ejected for kneeing Jets' Scheifele
- 'When Goalies Were Weird' - Episode 3: Ron Hextall 🎧