Capitals to become 1st NHL team with jersey ads in 2022-23
Beginning in 2022-23, the Capitals' home and third jerseys for games played at Capital One Arena in Washington will include the Caesars logo.
The team teased the new look Friday morning.
The jersey patch is 3-by-3 1/2-inches in size, according to The Athletic's Sean Shapiro, who adds that Washington's road sweaters will include an ad from a different sponsor, which the club is finalizing.
In August, it was reported NHL teams would begin placing ads on jerseys starting in the 2022-23 campaign. The league allowed helmet ads in 2021 as a way for clubs to recoup money lost due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
NBA teams have sold ad space on their jerseys since 2017-18. The MLS started doing so in 2007.
- Ducks' Strome injures Jets' Connor with knee-on-knee hit
- Jackets' Gudbranson will have hearing for altercation with Cousins
- Pickard stands tall vs. Devils to help Oilers win 7th straight game
- Red Wings' Perron to have hearing for cross-checking Sens' Zub
- How the Broad Street Bullies saved the NHL's reputation in 1976