Wild ink Kaprizov to 5-year, $45M deal
Contract negotiations between the two sides were ongoing for the entire offseason, with general manager Bill Guerin saying on Sept. 13 that there were "obstacles" holding up talks. There were also rumors Kaprizov would return to the KHL.
Kaprizov, 24, dominated in his first year in the NHL. He was the near-unanimous winner of the Calder Trophy - receiving 99 of 100 first-place votes - after scoring 27 goals and adding 24 assists in 55 games en route to the club's trip to the postseason.
The Wild selected Kaprizov in the fifth round of the 2015 NHL Draft, but he first spent five seasons playing in the KHL.
- Report: Eichel's camp set to present final case for disc replacement
- Jones and Blackhawks in trouble, Kyrou's breakout, and Kraken impressions
- Report: Price, Binnington among 6 goalies on Team Canada's list for Olympics
- Hurricanes create website to keep roasting Canadiens
- Bobrovsky gets 300th win as unbeaten Panthers top Avs