Senators ink Ennis to PTO
Ennis suited up for the Senators during the 2019-20 campaign after inking a one-year, $800,000 deal. He registered 33 points across 61 games in Ottawa before being shipped to the Edmonton Oilers at the trade deadline that season.
"Tyler played well here in Ottawa in 2019-20. He has considerable NHL experience and someone we'll look forward to evaluating as camp gets underway," Senators general manager Pierre Dorion said. "The PTO represents a good opportunity for both him and for us."
The 31-year-old posted nine points over 30 contests with the Oilers last year while seeing his ice time dip to just over 12 minutes per game, its lowest mark since the 2017-18 campaign.
Ennis spent his first eight years in the NHL with the Buffalo Sabres. He's also enjoyed brief stints with the Minnesota Wild and Toronto Maple Leafs during his career.
He's produced 322 points across 643 career contests.
- Sharks' Kane suspended 21 games for violating COVID-19 protocol
- Blues' Buchnevich gets match penalty for headbutting Coyotes' Crouse
- Cooper: Kucherov's injury 'definitely not a day-to-day thing'
- Flyers rout Kraken to spoil Hakstol's return to Philadelphia
- Blue Jackets' Domi expected to miss 2-4 weeks with rib fracture