Avalanche draft Taylor Makar, brother of Cale, with 220th pick
Taylor, 20, played with the AJHL's Brooks Bandits last season, notching five goals and 14 assists in 16 games. Cale played for the same team before turning pro.
Cale - who inked a six-year, $54-million extension with the Avalanche earlier Saturday - previously expressed hope that his brother would be drafted this year.
Taylor and Cale are the third set of brothers to be reunited with the same team during the 2021 NHL Draft. Luke Hughes joined his brother Jack with the New Jersey Devils after being selected No. 4, while Colton Dach joined his brother Kirby with the Chicago Blackhawks after being selected 62nd.
- Vegas' Pacioretty week-to-week with fractured foot
- Leafs dress UofT goalie as backup due to cap constraints
- Three-peat*: The AHL team that sat out a season and returned as champs
- Ducks head coach Eakins blasts Jets for 'dirty play' on Gibson
- Red Wings' Larkin suspended 1 game for roughing Lightning's Joseph