Report: Kraken, Driedger closing in on 3-year, $10.5M deal
Florida left Driedger - a pending unrestricted free agent - unprotected for the upcoming expansion draft.
The Kraken recently expressed interest in Driedger, who posted a .927 save percentage and a 2.07 goals-against average in 23 games with the Panthers in 2020-21. The 27-year-old also ranked ninth in goals saved above expected (7.03) and seventh in goals saved above average (12.6) at all strengths, according to Evolving-Hockey.
- Oilers become NHL's 1st unbeaten team through 5 games to start 2021-22
- Stars' Hakanpaa ejected for kneeing Kings' Doughty
- Keefe downplays Ritchie criticism: Matthews, Marner as much to blame
- Jones and Blackhawks in trouble, Kyrou's breakout, and Kraken impressions
- NHL weekend preview: Maple Leafs to best undermanned Penguins