CN Tower to light up with Canadiens colors
Toronto residents might not be happy with the CN Tower's choice of colors Tuesday night.
The landmark building, which stands in downtown Toronto, announced that it'll be decked out in red, blue, and white to honor the Montreal Canadiens being the final Canadian team standing in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
The Toronto Maple Leafs' longtime rivals swept the Winnipeg Jets on Monday night to secure a spot in the third round of the postseason. The Canadiens previously overcame a 3-1 series deficit to upset the Leafs in Round 1.
The hockey world took to Twitter to share their thoughts on the decision.
- Report: Maple Leafs shopping Mikheyev's rights
- Complementary but different styles put Savoie, Geekie high on NHL draft boards
- Kings acquire Fiala from Wild, reportedly sign him to 7-year deal
- Draft survey: Prospects talk NHL comps, fashion, teammates, and resilience
- 5 important questions heading into the NHL's offseason frenzy