Golden Knights become 1st team to clinch playoff berth
The Vegas Golden Knights beat the San Jose Sharks 5-2 on Wednesday night, becoming the first team this season to punch its postseason ticket.
Vegas is the fourth team in league history to make the playoffs in each of its first four seasons, according to NHL Public Relations. The other three are the Edmonton Oilers (13; 1980 to 1992), New York Rangers (nine; 1927 to 1935), and St. Louis Blues (six; 1968 to 1973).
The Golden Knights have won eight games in a row and lead the NHL with 68 points. Their West Division rivals, the Colorado Avalanche, are ahead by points percentage, though.
- Bedard condemns Perry social media rumor: 'It's just a bunch of B.S.'
- Merzlikins makes 41 saves to hand Senators 3rd straight loss
- Devils' Hamilton out indefinitely with torn pectoral muscle
- Sharks score 6 goals on 18 shots to down Devils in 1st road win of season
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape