McDavid ties Crosby as 8th-fastest player to 500 points
Edmonton Oilers superstar Connor McDavid tallied his 500th career point Wednesday against the Winnipeg Jets, becoming the eighth-fastest player in NHL history to do so.
McDavid accomplished the feat in his 369th career game - the same total Sidney Crosby needed to reach the 500-point mark.
|Rank||Player||No. of Games|
Gretzky, Lemieux, Stastny, Bossy, Kurri, and Trottier all had the benefit of playing in the 1970s and 1980s when scoring rates were much higher.
McDavid reached the milestone in style, too, delivering a perfect pass to Jesse Puljujarvi.
McDavid said earlier Wednesday he would be proud to match Crosby's 500-point pace.
The 24-year-old entered the game with an NHL-leading 30 points.
- Stone eager to start Cup defense: 'I hope people write us off'
- Bettman: Senators' best days are yet to come under Andlauer
- GM Armstrong: Keller 'might be the best Coyote ever' when his career ends
- Flyers' Sanheim addresses offseason trade rumors: 'It sucks'
- 15 attainable milestones, team records for the 2023-24 NHL season