McDavid ties Crosby as 8th-fastest player to 500 points
McDavid accomplished the feat in his 369th career game - the same total Sidney Crosby needed to reach the 500-point mark.
|Rank||Player||No. of Games|
Gretzky, Lemieux, Stastny, Bossy, Kurri, and Trottier all had the benefit of playing in the 1970s and 1980s when scoring rates were much higher.
McDavid reached the milestone in style, too, delivering a perfect pass to Jesse Puljujarvi.
McDavid said earlier Wednesday he would be proud to match Crosby's 500-point pace.
The 24-year-old entered the game with an NHL-leading 30 points.
- Sharks' Wilson taking temporary medical leave
- Armstrong: Canada's goalie situation less concrete than competitors'
- 'When Goalies Were Weird' - Episode 1: Dominik Hasek 🎧
- Jarry stays hot with 3rd shutout in last 5 games as Pens blank Isles
- Vasilevskiy records 200th career win in style with 17-save shutout