Hedman becomes 3rd blue-liner to score 10-plus goals in single postseason
The 2018 Norris Trophy winner scored his 10th goal of the playoffs against the Dallas Stars to join Hall of Famers Paul Coffey and Brian Leetch as the only blue-liners in NHL history to record 10-plus tallies in a single postseason, according to StatsCentre. Coffey set the record during the 1985 playoffs with 12 goals while Leetch potted 11 in 1994.
Hedman's marker put the Lightning up 3-1 just moments into the second period and stood as the eventual game-winner in the 5-2 victory in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Final.
The 6-foot-6 Swede is now tied for second in goals this postseason, trailing only teammate Brayden Point, who notched his 11th on Wednesday.
Hedman has tallied a career-best 20 playoff points through 22 games so far this postseason.
- Muzzin laments Leafs' blowout loss to Penguins: 'It's inexcusable'
- Watch: Kraken crowd welcomes team, boos Bettman at home opener
- Report: Devils' Blackwood vaccinated, to be cleared by December
- Perreault's hat trick leads Canadiens to 1st win of season
- Devils' Daws shuts door with 24 saves to win NHL debut