Report: Canucks among multiple teams looking to host games
Find out the latest on COVID-19's impact on the sports world and when sports are returning by subscribing to Breaking News push notifications in the Sports and COVID-19 section.
The Vancouver Canucks are the latest Canadian club to make a pitch to be one of the NHL's hub cities if and when play resumes.
Vancouver is among numerous teams that have submitted bids to the league, reports TSN's Ryan Rishaug, who adds that the NHL is reviewing the proposals.
The Edmonton Oilers are also among the squads that have applied, Rishaug reported Friday.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Sunday that anyone entering the country would have to abide by quarantine guidelines amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
The NHL is considering holding games in four hub cities if the current campaign ultimately proceeds.
- Keefe: Leafs were 'soft and purposeless' in loss to Rangers
- Capitals' Orlov suspended 2 games for kneeing Jets' Ehlers
- DeBoer on Eichel ramping up, Stephenson's growth, and Vegas' resilience
- Canadiens' new GM envisions building fast, offensive-minded team
- Hurricanes roast Marchand, Bruins on Twitter after blowout win