Islanders' Greiss offers food, supplies to those in need
Find out the latest on COVID-19's impact on the sports world and when sports are returning by subscribing to Breaking News push notifications in the Sports and COVID-19 section.
The world needs more people like Thomas Greiss.
The New York Islanders goaltender took to Instagram on Saturday to offer food, toilet paper, and other items to those in need during the coronavirus pandemic.
The 34-year-old has gone 16-9-4 for the Isles this season, sporting a .913 save percentage and a 2.74 goals-against average. He's scheduled to hit unrestricted free agency this offseason.
- Brind'Amour roasts Canes' effort vs. Oilers: Top players 'gotta show up'
- Norris Trophy Rankings: It's a 2-horse race between Makar, Hughes
- Malkin laments ice-cold power play after loss to Bolts: 'We don't have confidence'
- Promising Stars prospect Logan Stankoven may be small, but all he does is score
- Kane to make Red Wings debut Thursday vs. Sharks