Islanders' Greiss offers food, supplies to those in need
Find out the latest on COVID-19's impact on the sports world and when sports are returning by subscribing to Breaking News push notifications in the Sports and COVID-19 section.
The world needs more people like Thomas Greiss.
The New York Islanders goaltender took to Instagram on Saturday to offer food, toilet paper, and other items to those in need during the coronavirus pandemic.
The 34-year-old has gone 16-9-4 for the Isles this season, sporting a .913 save percentage and a 2.74 goals-against average. He's scheduled to hit unrestricted free agency this offseason.
- Trocheck seeks progress from Rangers: 'Put up or shut up'
- Crosby won't 'bet against' McDavid topping 170 points this season
- Matthews willing to embrace bigger role on penalty kill
- Penguins to start with Karlsson, Letang on top power-play unit
- Leafs' Robertson: 'I don't give a f--k' that my name isn't what it once was