Flyers' Van Riemsdyk out 4-6 weeks after suffering broken finger
Vigneault added that JVR will get a second opinion on the injury.
Van Riemsdyk suffered the ailment while blocking a shot in Wednesday's 5-2 win over the Washington Capitals.
JVR struggled to start the campaign, scoring just four times in his first 24 games. The 30-year-old has come on of late, however, recording 15 goals and 31 points in his last 41 contests.
- Letang added to COVID-19 protocol, out vs. Maple Leafs
- Stars' Hakanpaa ejected for kneeing Kings' Doughty
- Keefe downplays Ritchie criticism: Matthews, Marner as much to blame
- Jones and Blackhawks in trouble, Kyrou's breakout, and Kraken impressions
- NHL weekend preview: Maple Leafs to best undermanned Penguins