Reaves, Kane renew feud with dueling chirps
Reaves revived the spat with a playful jab while presiding over a hockey-themed renewal of vows on Sunday, calling himself "Kane's worst nightmare," among other nicknames.
Over to you, Evander.
The two players went at each other repeatedly last season, most notably in a heated bout during Game 3 of a first-round playoff series, after which Kane likened Reaves to "The Muffin Man."
San Jose prevailed following a controversial Game 7.
Kane and Reaves won't be waiting long to renew hostilities on the ice. The Golden Knights and Sharks will meet twice in the preseason later this month, including both clubs' final exhibition matchup. Then they'll battle in consecutive home-and-home contests to start the regular season in early October.
- Watch: Ovechkin passes Gretzky for most all-time road goals
- Tkachuk gets standing ovation, loses in return to Calgary
- Sullivan: Refs should've penalized Canes for 'dangerous hit' leading to OT winner
- 'Shame on us': Cooper irked Lightning took costly penalty in 3rd vs. Bruins
- Flyers edge Islanders to snap 10-game losing streak