Report: Stars' former top prospect Honka on trade block
The club's former top prospect was chosen 14th overall by Dallas in the 2014 draft. As a right-handed, mobile blue-liner with offensive instincts, Honka has many qualities teams covet, but it appears he's fallen out of favor with the Stars.
In 87 career NHL games, the 23-year-old has yet to leave his mark, tallying just 13 points. He was scratched for the final 35 games of the 2018-19 regular season and didn't appear in the playoffs. He would have to pass through waivers to be sent to the minors.
Honka has been productive in the AHL, tallying 108 points in 201 career games with the Texas Stars.
- Bolts deal McDonagh to Preds, agent calls client's departure 'crushing'
- Boeser opens up about last season's struggles, eager to bounce back
- Jackets GM: Laine's contract status won't affect draft weekend plans
- Jets officially name Rick Bowness head coach
- Report: Flyers prospect detained for planning to evade military service