Report: Bobrovsky took off equipment early after being pulled
After being pulled with 11 minutes left in a 4-0 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning on Jan. 8, Bobrovsky went straight to the dressing room to get undressed and hit the showers, sources confirmed to Aaron Portzline of The Athletic.
Bobrovsky was unavailable to return to the crease in the unlikely event that backup Joonas Korpisalo had to exit the game and his actions infuriated head coach John Tortorella, Portzline adds.
In the aftermath of the incident, Columbus general manager Jarmo Kekalainen kept Bobrovsky from joining the team for a Jan. 10 contest versus the Nashville Predators for disciplinary reasons that were kept under wraps by the team.
Bobrovsky has started one game since the incident, winning a 7-5 decision over the New York Rangers on Sunday.
- Canadiens eliminate Golden Knights in 6 games, advance to Stanley Cup Final
- Stone takes blame for Golden Knights' elimination: 'I got skunked'
- 5 storylines to watch for Lightning-Islanders Game 7
- Seattle expansion draft: Predicting Pacific Division protected lists
- Golden Knights go back to Lehner for must-win Game 6 vs. Canadiens