Report: Bobrovsky took off equipment early after being pulled
After being pulled with 11 minutes left in a 4-0 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning on Jan. 8, Bobrovsky went straight to the dressing room to get undressed and hit the showers, sources confirmed to Aaron Portzline of The Athletic.
Bobrovsky was unavailable to return to the crease in the unlikely event that backup Joonas Korpisalo had to exit the game and his actions infuriated head coach John Tortorella, Portzline adds.
In the aftermath of the incident, Columbus general manager Jarmo Kekalainen kept Bobrovsky from joining the team for a Jan. 10 contest versus the Nashville Predators for disciplinary reasons that were kept under wraps by the team.
Bobrovsky has started one game since the incident, winning a 7-5 decision over the New York Rangers on Sunday.
- Jets, Appleton avoid arbitration with 3-year deal
- Chair of board of directors for Hockey Canada steps down
- Huberdeau eager to start with Flames: 'I'm going to give everything I have'
- Best of the rest: Top remaining NHL UFAs by position
- Hurricanes GM confident they'll sign Necas: 'It's going to get done'