Flyers' Lehtera charged in drug-ring case
Lehtera is accused of buying eight grams of cocaine over the summer, and prosecutors are seeking a five-month sentence, as first reported by Finnish news outlet MTV.
"We understand Lehtera plans to contest the charges," NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly wrote in an email to the Courier-Post's Dave Isaac. "No current intention to intervene (by the NHL)."
Lehtera is one of more than 20 defendants in the case, according to the Finnish report.
Lehtera is currently traveling with the Flyers, who will face the Carolina Hurricanes on Monday.
- Crosby hoping Ovechkin reaches Gretzky's goal record: 'It would be awesome'
- Sharks' Kane confident he'll be cleared in gambling investigation
- 'It could've been devastating': Maurice relieved to have stability on defense
- Five years ago, North America's young guns electrified the World Cup
- NHL projects 98% full vaccination rate among players before season