Bruins' Marchand handed 10-minute misconduct for embellishment taunt
Brad Marchand was up to Brad Marchand things on Saturday night.
In the closing minutes of the first period between the Boston Bruins and Nashville Predators, Marchand managed to rack up 14 penalty minutes in one play. He was initially called for a high stick on Colton Sissons, even though his stick clearly missed Sissons' face.
Marchand then proceeded to mock Sissons' acting job, which earned him an additional two minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct. As he continued, he was eventually handed a 10-minute misconduct.
Boston managed to kill off Marchand's penalties, but the forward's on-ice immaturity continues to be a growing concern for the Bruins.
Ironically, Marchand has been fined for embellishment on numerous occasions.
- Kane not participating in Sharks' camp as new investigation opens
- Sabres agree to terms with Dahlin on 3-year deal worth $18M
- Leafs' Rielly not focused on extension heading into contract year
- NHL offseason grades: Pacific Division
- Blues name Chiarelli VP of hockey operations, Hitchcock as coaching consultant