Bruins' Marchand handed 10-minute misconduct for embellishment taunt
Brad Marchand was up to Brad Marchand things on Saturday night.
In the closing minutes of the first period between the Boston Bruins and Nashville Predators, Marchand managed to rack up 14 penalty minutes in one play. He was initially called for a high stick on Colton Sissons, even though his stick clearly missed Sissons' face.
Marchand then proceeded to mock Sissons' acting job, which earned him an additional two minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct. As he continued, he was eventually handed a 10-minute misconduct.
Boston managed to kill off Marchand's penalties, but the forward's on-ice immaturity continues to be a growing concern for the Bruins.
Ironically, Marchand has been fined for embellishment on numerous occasions.
- Canadiens eliminate Golden Knights in 6 games, advance to Stanley Cup Final
- Stone takes blame for Golden Knights' elimination: 'I got skunked'
- 5 storylines to watch for Lightning-Islanders Game 7
- Seattle expansion draft: Predicting Pacific Division protected lists
- Golden Knights go back to Lehner for must-win Game 6 vs. Canadiens