Smith-Pelly, Duclair, Yakupov among notables to not receive qualifying offer
The NHL's 5 p.m. ET deadline to extend qualifying offers to restricted free agents came and went on Monday, and there were more than a handful of household names who weren't tendered.
As a reminder, a restricted free agent who doesn't receive a qualifying offer will become an unrestricted free agent on July 1 and will be free to sign with any team he chooses.
Here is a list of the most notable names:
The unrestricted-free-agent market just got a little deeper.
- Coyotes hammer Capitals to complete 5-game win streak vs. recent champs
- Calder Trophy Rankings: Order restored as Bedard reclaims top spot
- Report: 2024-25 NHL salary cap projected to be $87.7M
- Vasilevskiy's 1st shutout of season helps Bolts end 4-game skid vs. Stars
- Brossoit's 42-save effort propels Jets to victory over Hurricanes