Gretzky partners with Budweiser on new golden goal light
This year marks the fifth anniversary of Budweiser's famous Red Light, which has commemorated thousands of goals since its inception.
In celebration of that, Budweiser is teaming up with a man whose goal-scoring prowess is second to none, Wayne Gretzky, to make goal celebrations even bigger with limited-edition Wayne Gretzky Gold-Synced Lights, marked with his legendary No. 99 and replica signature, along with a certificate of authenticity.
"Goals are the most exciting part of any hockey game, and as someone who has played hockey at all levels of the game, including the international stage, there's no better feeling than having the country celebrate those moments with you," Gretzky said. "I'm excited to light these limited-edition lamps to celebrate our country's biggest goals. Let's bring it home!"
Budweiser will turn the iconic Red Light and Goal-Synced Glass gold in a 30-second TV spot called "Bring it Home" that will air during Super Bowl LII.
Watch the video below to see Gretzky alongside other hockey greats, with gold-synced lights in hand. Must be legal drinking age.
- Canucks acquire Zadorov from Flames for 2 picks
- Eichel notches goal and 2 assists in his 500th game, Golden Knights beat Canucks
- Hathaway tossed, Smith faces hearing for incidents in Devils-Flyers
- Perry apologizes for 'unacceptable' conduct, seeks substance abuse treatment
- Marner scores hat trick, shootout winner to lead Maple Leafs over Kraken