Report: Potential 3-team deal sending Duchene to Senators falls apart
A trio of NHL teams nearly pulled off a blockbuster trade Friday night.
Kyle Turris would have gone from Ottawa to the Nashville Predators, according to Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman. Friedman also noted that the deal would have included several draft picks, and may have featured a prospect or two.
Senators general manager Pierre Dorion has been attempting to land Duchene since mid-September and discussions heated up in the last couple of weeks, according to Dreger.
Dorion aggressively pursued Duchene to no avail earlier this fall, as Postmedia's Bruce Garrioch reported on Sept. 19.
- Larkin exits after scary scene vs. Sens, Perron ejected for retaliation
- Samsonov records 1st shutout of season as Leafs prevail over Preds
- Report: Wild's Brodin to miss significant time due to injury
- Underrated, undersized Spurgeon is improbably one of NHL's best D-men
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Fights, phenoms, and epic buzzer-beaters