Yamamoto said he'd haunt Chiarelli if not picked by Oilers
Kailer Yamamoto is not short on confidence.
In meeting with Yamamoto in advance of the draft, Chiarelli asked why the Oilers should draft him, and was quite impressed with the bold response.
"That’s a standard question you ask, and I’ve never really heard this answer," Chiarelli said, per Mark Spector of Sportsnet. "He said, 'Because (if you don’t) I’m going to come back and haunt you.' He’s a pretty confident kid, and he backs it up with his play."
The 18-year-old registered 42 goals and 57 assists in 65 games for the Chiefs last season.
- Islanders strike twice in 22 seconds to hand Flyers 10th straight loss
- Hellebuyck calls for rule change: Refs 'put me in danger' vs. Stars
- Lindy Ruff gets 800th win as Devils beat Capitals
- Georgiev's 41-save performance lifts Avalanche past Stars
- Burakovsky scores twice as Kraken get 1st-ever win over Golden Knights