Ryan Miller, agent to discuss options in advance of trade deadline
Life is interesting for soon-to-be unrestricted free agents in the days leading up to the NHL's trade deadline, especially for players on teams likely to miss the playoffs.
Miller, 36, is in the final year of a deal that carries a $6-million cap hit, and he could be the kind of goalie contending teams are looking for in preparation for a deep playoff run.
Miller's deal does include a list of five teams to whom he can be traded, although that route has not been decided on quite yet.
In 37 games for the Canucks this season, Miller has posted a record of 16-17-3 with a .917 save percentage, slightly higher than his career average.
- Wild's Evason baffled after Leafs' Murray knocks net off moorings 3 times
- Bruins set NHL record with 12th straight home win to start season
- Karlsson's splashy resurgence, the Michkov conundrum, and hockey nicknames
- Moving on from D.J. Smith is Senators' only hope of saving season
- Burakovsky scores twice as Kraken get 1st-ever win over Golden Knights