Burns hits 20-goal mark for 2nd straight year
He is becoming the definition of an elite defenseman.
San Jose Sharks blue-liner Brent Burns is having a career year and was back at it again on Monday, collecting his 20th goal of the season.
Burns beat Colorado Avalanche netminder Spencer Martin to hit the mark for the second straight year and the third time overall. He now has a comfortable nine-goal cushion on the next highest scoring defender and is well on his way to hitting the 30-goal plateau.
- Pelletier jokes about number change: 'Easier' for coaches to remember No. 22
- Robertson: Stars have all the pieces to compete for Cup
- Sabres' Dahlin: 'I was scared' of playing against new partner Clifton
- Fantasy: 10 breakout candidates to draft in 2023-24
- NHL 2023-24 futures: Best bets to win the Rocket Richard