Malkin stays red hot with 11th career hat trick
Evgeni Malkin continues to prove he belongs in the "best player in hockey" conversation.
The Pittsburgh Penguins center recorded the 11th hat trick of his career in Monday's game against Washington, putting himself in sole possession of second in points among all NHL players this season behind only Connor McDavid.
The second goal in particular - at the 30-second mark in the video below - displayed the kind of skill he possesses, and resulted in the end of Braden Holtby's night.
All three goals were scored in a frenetic second period against Pittsburgh, and in short order at that.
It was the first time he's scored three goals in a period other than the last.
The hat trick gives Malkin 21 goals on the season and eight in his past eight games.
(Video courtesy: NHL.com)
- Kyle Beach identifies himself as 'John Doe' in Blackhawks sexual assault scandal
- Toews, Kane 'wish they could have done something differently' to help Beach
- Report on Blackhawks' scandal reveals leaders' win-at-all-costs choices
- Doughty expected to miss 8 weeks with knee injury
- Undefeated: Why these four teams are off to blazing-hot starts