Agent 'surprised' Shattenkirk wasn't traded at draft
However, a trade never came to be - much to the surprise of the blue-liner's agent, Jordan Neumann.
"Based on the conversations we had leading into this weekend with St. Louis, we did expect Kevin to have been traded this weekend," Neumann told ESPN's Craig Custance. "We are a bit surprised to be leaving here without having a deal done."
Shattenkirk is owed $4.25 million in the final year of his contract. The 27-year-old cracked the 40-point mark for a third consecutive season in 2015-16, with 14 goals and 30 assists in 72 games.
The Blues are fairly set on the blue line, with Alex Pietrangelo, Jay Bouwmeester, and Carl Gunnarsson all locked up through 2019, while 23-year-old Colton Parayko will hit restricted free agency next summer.
- Avalanche's MacKinnon suffers upper-body injury in loss to Flyers
- Flyers' Tortorella praises Hart: 'It's hard to be a goaltender with us'
- Golden Knights top Bruins in Cassidy's return, end Boston's home streak
- NHL Power Rankings: Each team's biggest surprise
- NHL weekly betting guide: True moneylines for every game