Shaw's agent intends to talk contract with Blackhawks at draft
Andrew Shaw's agent plans to meet with the Chicago Blackhawks' brass next week to begin working on a new deal.
Pat Brisson told Chris Hine of the Chicago Tribune he intends to meet with the club - presumably general manager Stan Bowman - at the upcoming NHL draft.
The move gave Chicago about $5 million in additional cap flexibility for a total of about $9.5 million.
Shaw would become a restricted free agent if he's not signed by July 1. His cap hit was $2.5 million last season.
The 24-year-old winger recorded 14 goals and 34 points in 78 games.
The NHL draft takes place Friday, June 24 and Saturday, June 25 at First Niagara Center in Buffalo.
- Penguins to start with Karlsson, Letang on top power-play unit
- Matthews willing to embrace bigger role on penalty kill
- Coyotes' Keller: Cooley's dazzling goal 'the best I've ever seen'
- Leafs' Robertson: 'I don't give a f--k' that my name isn't what it once was
- Stone eager to start Cup defense: 'I hope people write us off'