Shawn Michaels accepts Penguins' invitation to attend Game 5
Former WWE wrestler Shawn Michaels recently became tied to the team thanks to the red-hot line of Carl Hagelin, Nick Bonino, and Phil Kessel, dubbed HBK for short. After he tuned in to Game 2 while trending on Twitter in Pittsburgh, the club invited Michaels to Game 5, an offer he could not refuse.
In the video, a seemingly shirtless Michaels admits to being new to the game of hockey, and very appreciative of the love from the Penguins and their fans.
"I'm OK with being irrelevant, that's why I retired," Michaels said in the video. "But you guys have made 'HBK' so relevant right now and it's been a blast interacting with everybody over Twitter the last couple days."
Time will tell whether the Penguins will have an opportunity to knock the Lightning out of the playoffs in Game 5 thanks to some sweet chin music.
- Stone eager to start Cup defense: 'I hope people write us off'
- Bettman: Senators' best days are yet to come under Andlauer
- GM Armstrong: Keller 'might be the best Coyote ever' when his career ends
- Flyers' Sanheim addresses offseason trade rumors: 'It sucks'
- 15 attainable milestones, team records for the 2023-24 NHL season