Sharks, humane society find 'Jo PAW-velski' a home
The San Jose Sharks' new unofficial mascot has been adopted.
"Jo PAW-velski" - the black cat that ran on to the ice before a game between the Sharks and the Nashville Predators in San Jose last month - found a home Friday, the Sharks announced via the San Jose Mercury News.
"We are pleased to know that ‘Jo’ has found a good, loving home,” Sharks COO John Tortora said in a statement.
“I want to personally thank the staff and volunteers at the Humane Society Silicon Valley for the time and attention they have dedicated to ‘Jo’ and the other animals in their care.
"I also want to thank our fans who immediately expressed concern for the well-being of the cat. I would like to encourage all fans who were interested in adopting ‘Jo’ to now consider adopting one of the other many animals at HSSV in need of a home.”
Jo, a three-month-old kitten, was adopted along with a companion kitten and had been under the care of the HSSV since May 1.
- Ducks' Strome injures Jets' Connor with knee-on-knee hit
- Jackets' Gudbranson will have hearing for altercation with Cousins
- Pickard stands tall vs. Devils to help Oilers win 7th straight game
- Red Wings' Perron to have hearing for cross-checking Sens' Zub
- How the Broad Street Bullies saved the NHL's reputation in 1976