Yzerman not ruling Stamkos out of conference finals
Steven Stamkos is skating with the team but not taking contact, and remains on blood thinners pending a decision from doctors to take him off, but general manager Steve Yzerman didn't close the door on the captain's participation in the third round.
"I'm not going to rule anything out," Yzerman said Wednesday, according to Joe Smith of the Tampa Bay Times. "But I can't give you a 'yes' or a 'no.'"
For his part, Stamkos said he's able to do everything but get laid out by teammates in practice.
"I feel like I can play," he said. "It's just (getting the) word now."
Defenseman Anton Stralman also practiced Wednesday, and could be available at some point against the Penguins after being out seven weeks with a broken leg.
- Barkov hopes Brunette returns: 'He did an unbelievable job'
- Oilers take commanding 3-1 series lead with Game 4 win over Flames
- The battles to watch in Oilers-Flames as Calgary tries to save its season
- Report: PWHPA, Billie Jean King Enterprises exploring new women's hockey league
- Rangers power past Hurricanes in Game 4 to even series