Yzerman not ruling Stamkos out of conference finals
Steven Stamkos is skating with the team but not taking contact, and remains on blood thinners pending a decision from doctors to take him off, but general manager Steve Yzerman didn't close the door on the captain's participation in the third round.
"I'm not going to rule anything out," Yzerman said Wednesday, according to Joe Smith of the Tampa Bay Times. "But I can't give you a 'yes' or a 'no.'"
For his part, Stamkos said he's able to do everything but get laid out by teammates in practice.
"I feel like I can play," he said. "It's just (getting the) word now."
Defenseman Anton Stralman also practiced Wednesday, and could be available at some point against the Penguins after being out seven weeks with a broken leg.
- Ovechkin becomes 16th NHLer to reach 1,500 points
- Bolts' Watson hits Preds' Lauzon with slap shot at buzzer in blowout
- Leafs' Woll injured in win over Sens, Jones makes team debut in relief
- Kings blank Habs for NHL-record 11th straight road win to open season
- Senators' Chabot out at least 1 month with injury