Halak ruled out of Islanders' 1st-round series
Head coach Jack Capuano confirmed Tuesday that Halak won't be available for the Islanders' first-round series, as he's still recovering from a groin injury suffered in March.
In Halak's absence, New York started Thomas Greiss, who endured a minor injury down the stretch, as well. Greiss was solid for the Islanders this season, posting a 23-11-4 record with a 2.36 GAA and .925 save percentage.
The Islanders went 9-6-2 after Halak's injury.
- Sharks' Wilson taking temporary medical leave
- Armstrong: Canada's goalie situation less concrete than competitors'
- 'When Goalies Were Weird' - Episode 1: Dominik Hasek 🎧
- Jarry stays hot with 3rd shutout in last 5 games as Pens blank Isles
- Vasilevskiy records 200th career win in style with 17-save shutout