Brandon LaFell chipped Tom Brady's tooth with Super Bowl headbutt
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady hooked up with receiver Brandon LaFell to open the scoring in Super Bowl XLIX and both players were pretty pumped about it.
So pumped, in fact, they headbutted each other in celebration - a move Brady has made his trademark.
This time, however, Brady paid the price.
"Man, (Brady) texted me the other day," LaFell told NFL Network in an interview Tuesday. "He was like, 'Hey man, great season, like the way you play, but on a side note, you chipped my tooth on a headbutt.' I was like, 'Man, I’m sorry. I was just trying to get to you before you got to me,' because in the Green Bay game, man, he almost knocked my helmet off."
The good news for Brady, who's known for his good looks in addition to his football acumen, is the tooth he chipped wasn't visible as the flashbulbs went off during his postgame celebration.
- Parsons hoping to end Cowboys' Super Bowl drought: 'This gotta be the year'
- Report: Bills, Oliver agree to 4-year, $68M extension
- Tyreek: Dolphins fans 'should be amped' for 2023
- Bills' Hamlin launches CPR Tour to raise awareness at Bills stadium
- Bears' stadium plan at risk after property tax assessment