Brandon LaFell chipped Tom Brady's tooth with Super Bowl headbutt
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady hooked up with receiver Brandon LaFell to open the scoring in Super Bowl XLIX and both players were pretty pumped about it.
So pumped, in fact, they headbutted each other in celebration - a move Brady has made his trademark.
This time, however, Brady paid the price.
"Man, (Brady) texted me the other day," LaFell told NFL Network in an interview Tuesday. "He was like, 'Hey man, great season, like the way you play, but on a side note, you chipped my tooth on a headbutt.' I was like, 'Man, I’m sorry. I was just trying to get to you before you got to me,' because in the Green Bay game, man, he almost knocked my helmet off."
The good news for Brady, who's known for his good looks in addition to his football acumen, is the tooth he chipped wasn't visible as the flashbulbs went off during his postgame celebration.
- Falcons' Robinson aiming for 2K rushing yards in 2024
- Patriots OC: 'Everything is on the table' at QB amid draft, Mac Jones rumors
- Fields downplays decision to unfollow Bears on social media
- 7 blockbuster trades we want to see this NFL offseason
- NFL 2024 MVP odds: Buying the Fields rumor to beat the market