Mahomes felt 'pressure' to get Kelce a TD with Taylor Swift in attendance
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes knew he needed to get Travis Kelce a touchdown with Taylor Swift watching from Kelce's suite at Arrowhead Stadium.
"Yeah, I heard she was in the house," Mahomes said postgame, per The Comeback. "I felt a little bit of pressure. So I knew I had to get it to Trav."
Mahomes added, "I think he wanted to get in the end zone just as much as all the Swifties wanted him to."
With just over seven minutes left in the game, Mahomes connected with Kelce for a 3-yard touchdown to extend their lead to 41-0 over the Chicago Bears.
The 33-year-old Kelce finished the contest with a team-leading seven catches for 69 yards.
This was Swift's first time watching a Chiefs game at Arrowhead. The pop star and Kelce were rumored to be dating ahead of Sunday's matchup.
Kelce recently said on the "Pat McAfee Show" that he invited her to come watch a game.
"I told her that I've seen her rock a stage in Arrowhead and she might have to come see me rock the stage at Arrowhead," Kelce said.
The two were spotted leaving the stadium together after the game.
The Chiefs improved their record to 2-1 with their 41-10 victory. They take on the New York Jets in Week 4.
- Bengals' Higgins, Wilson to play vs. Jaguars; Taylor-Britt ruled out
- Panthers activate Horn, Chinn, Gross-Matos off IR
- Hill? Watt? Bland? Why this could be the year to crown an unusual NFL MVP
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape
- NFL Week 13 player props: Tempering expectations