Report: Texans' Stingley injures hamstring, set to miss Week 3 vs. Jaguars
Houston Texans cornerback Derek Stingley Jr. suffered a hamstring injury in Wednesday's practice, sources told ESPN's DJ Bien-Aime.
Stingley will miss Sunday's game against the Jacksonville Jaguars but could miss more contests as his recovery timeline remains undetermined, Bien-Aime adds.
The 22-year-old started the season's first two games, recording nine tackles.
Injuries have plagued the Texans' secondary early in the 2023 campaign. Safety Jimmie Ward missed the first two games with a hip injury but returned to practice in a limited capacity Wednesday. Defensive back Jalen Pitre missed the Week 2 loss to the Indianapolis Colts with a chest injury.
After getting drafted third overall in 2022, hamstring troubles limited Stingley to nine games in his rookie season.
- Vikings OC Phillips arrested on suspicion of drunken driving
- Packers' Watson ruled out vs. Giants due to hamstring injury
- Bengals won't be punished after NFL probe into Burrow injury reporting
- 5 quarterbacks with something big to prove as NFL playoffs approach
- Best NFL Week 14 total bets: A high-scoring affair in Baltimore?