Rams' Nacua sets record for most catches through 1st two career games
Los Angeles Rams receiver Puka Nacua made history Sunday by breaking the all-time rookie record for the most catches through the first two games of a career.
Nacua topped Earl Cooper's previous mark of 19 catches in the second half of the 30-23 loss to the San Francisco 49ers. He later caught five more passes to extend the record to 25 receptions.
The 2023 fifth-round pick is also the first player ever to have 10-plus catches and 100-plus yards in each of his first two games. He had 10 catches for 119 yards in the season-opening win against the Seattle Seahawks before racking up 15 catches and 147 yards against San Francisco.
The 22-year-old was thrust into a more prominent role after star wideout Cooper Kupp suffered a hamstring injury and was placed on injured reserve, which requires at least a four-game absence.
Nacua spent the last two years of his college career at BYU, finishing with a combined 91 catches for 1,430 yards and 11 touchdowns.
- Report: Panthers expected to target Lions' Johnson for head coaching vacancy
- Young won't blame Reich for Panthers' struggles: 'We all share in that'
- Rodgers returns to practice after Jets open 21-day window
- Flacco could start Week 13 after being named Browns QB2
- Zappe, Cunningham only Pats QBs to throw during practice