Report: Hopkins visiting Patriots next week
The New England Patriots will host free-agent wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins for a visit next week, sources told NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Hopkins, 31, is also reportedly scheduled to meet with the Tennessee Titans this weekend.
New England's receiving core features JuJu Smith-Schuster, DeVante Parker, and Tyquan Thornton, among others.
The Patriots currently have about $14.3 million in cap space, according to Over the Cap.
Hopkins has a history with new Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien.
O'Brien was Hopkins' head coach with the Houston Texans from 2014-19. The receiver made four Pro Bowls and three first-team All-Pro squads in Houston before O'Brien traded the wideout and a fourth-round draft pick to the Arizona Cardinals for running back David Johnson and second- and fourth-round draft picks.
Hopkins posted 64 receptions, 717 yards, and three touchdowns in nine games with Arizona in 2022. All of those figures would've ranked second for last year's Patriots.
- Seahawks' Adams considered retirement after quad injury
- NFL, union revise gambling policy; Lions' Williams to be reinstated
- Raiders' Chandler Jones arrested for violating protective order
- Claypool: Bears not using me to the best of my ability
- Colts' Richardson to return vs. Rams after clearing concussion protocol