Source: Baker requests trade from Cardinals
Arizona Cardinals safety Budda Baker has requested a trade, a source tells Jordan Schultz, theScore's NFL insider.
Baker has two years remaining on his four-year, $59-million contract. He's set to earn just over $13 million in 2023, according to Spotrac.
The star defensive back has recently made cryptic social media posts. Earlier Friday, he removed any reference to the Cardinals on his Twitter account. Baker also previously posted a GIF featuring NBA legend Michael Jordan.
Tensions between Baker and Arizona have been brewing prior to his request. The Washington product informed the Cardinals that he wanted to be traded or receive a new deal to make him the highest-paid safety, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
The 27-year-old has gone on to earn five Pro Bowl nods and two first-team All-Pro selections (2017, 2020) over six seasons in Arizona. He led all Cardinals defenders with 111 tackles last campaign to go along with seven passes defended and two interceptions.
- Report: Panthers expected to target Lions' Johnson for head coaching vacancy
- Young won't blame Reich for Panthers' struggles: 'We all share in that'
- Rodgers returns to practice after Jets open 21-day window
- Flacco could start Week 13 after being named Browns QB2
- Zappe, Cunningham only Pats QBs to throw during practice