Report: Browns signing Thornhill to 3-year, $21M deal
The Cleveland Browns are signing safety Juan Thornhill to a three-year, $21-million contract, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.
Thornhill had three interceptions and nine pass breakups with the Kansas City Chiefs last season.
The 27-year-old safety won two Super Bowls during his four-year tenure with the Chiefs. Thornhill accumulated eight interceptions, 20 pass deflections, and 234 tackles in 65 career games.
Thornhill will join a secondary that includes safety Grant Delpit and cornerbacks Denzel Ward and Greg Newsome.
The Browns ranked 14th in total defense and 20th in points allowed last season.
- Rodgers: 'Nothing normal' about Achilles rehab amid desire to return this season
- NFL Power Rankings - Week 5: Each team's early MVP
- Jerry Jones: Cowboys win over SB favorite 49ers 'would be inspiring'
- Patriots' O'Brien: Mac Jones will show 'improvement' as season goes on
- 2 Giants players hurt on failed 'tush push' in loss to Seahawks