Report: Montgomery signing 3-year, $18M deal with Lions
The Detroit Lions are signing running back David Montgomery to a three-year, $18-million deal, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
The contract includes $11 million guaranteed, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Montgomery, 25, previously spent his entire four-year career with the division-rival Chicago Bears. He ran for 3,609 yards and 26 scores in 60 games with the Bears, including 801 yards and five touchdowns in 2022.
The 5-foot-11 back also contributed 155 receptions, 1,240 receiving yards, and four scores through the air.
Montgomery joins D'Andre Swift and Craig Reynolds in Detroit's backfield. Jermar Jefferson is also signed to a reserve/future contract.
- Rodgers: 'Nothing normal' about Achilles rehab amid desire to return this season
- NFL Power Rankings - Week 5: Each team's early MVP
- Jerry Jones: Cowboys win over SB favorite 49ers 'would be inspiring'
- Patriots' O'Brien: Mac Jones will show 'improvement' as season goes on
- 2 Giants players hurt on failed 'tush push' in loss to Seahawks